Property Inspection Tips

Who do I use as a Home Inspector ?

That is a great question. The first thing I would do is look in the Yellow Pages and see who is listed. Second, I would call Better Business Bureau and check three different companies out. If you use a Real Estate Agent ask them for three Home Inspectors and then ask the Real Estate Agent are they receiving a fee for referring them. It is OK if they do but they should tell you up front, matter of fact they have to because it’s the law. Third , I would call all three companies , find out how much they charge, what kind of report and how long before you receive it, also ask for references and call them. With the following information you should be able to find a Home Inspector who will fit your needs !

The Home Buyer's Warranty

A warranty is your PEACE OF MIND when purchasing a pre-existing home from unexpected repair costs. A typical warranty plan usually costs between $300 and $400 for specified coverage. Not all warranty programs cover the same items, but most warranty programs cover a pre-existing home's plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling systems, appliances, lighting fixtures, septic system, and more. Coverage typically lasts for one year from the date of your loan closing and can be extended if you pay the extra premium. The buyer or seller can purchase the Homebuyers Warranty. For a small deductible, usually $50 to $100 per occurrence ( depending on your plan ), a service technician is called to repair the covered item and they are typically available with 24-hour, 7-day-a-week service. A warranty is a piece of mind and it can save you a great deal of money spent for repair or replacement of your homes' major components.

Make your dreams a reality . . consult a Certified Residential Specialist today!

Thousands of homeowners each year trust Certified Residential Specialists (CRS) A CRS is a dedicated professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOC. OF REALTORS and has earned advanced certification by completing the course work and experience requirements of the Residential Sales Council.

For any Real Estate information, contact
Mike Parker - CRS, GRI, SRES, ABR at
859-647-0700 or 800-356-4530
or by E-mail

Back To Relocation Guide

"Most Trusted Name in Real Estate"
Copyright � 1996 - 2004  Mike Parker Real Estate, LLC. All Rights Reserved.